"Introduction to Digital Photography" WEEKEND BOOTCAMP for Teens and Tweens
This workshop is specially designed for 10 to 17 year olds. It takes place in two six hour sessions (plus one hour lunch) over a weekend. The emphasis is on fun and creativity...but they will also learn a few things about their cameras and how to better express themselves with their photos. One day is at the studio...and in and around the neighbourhood, and the second day we shoot (with the fall colours) at The Brickworks park, then come back to studio to edit and print .The class is lead by Len van Bruggen and an assistant is on hand as well. Outdoor 'photo scavenger hunts' and other activities make for a fun and informative environment.
Learn how to use your camera in this creative, fun and interactive photography class at Lens Work. The classes are designed to teach you the fundamentals of digital photography. Discover how to use f-stops and shutter speeds to take better photographs. We’ll also discuss composition,editing and imaginative approaches to photography to spark your creativity.
In classroom instruction is balanced with outdoor shooting for a well-rounded, fun and informative experience.
Have a look at our Summer Photo Camp facebook page for a better idea of some of the types of photos etc. https://www.facebook.com/torontophotosummercamp
Saturday 10AM to 1PM
• Introductions. The different types / designs of digital cameras and how to best utilize them.
• Setting up your camera to take the best photos
• Understanding the SHUTTER. Shooting for less 'movement blur'.
• "Photo Scavenger Hunt"
Saturday 2PM to 5PM
• Photo review and discussion
• COMPOSITION. Insights, ideas and simple techniques to create more dynamic images.
•How to take better photos of people. Portrait photography...with outdoor excursion in 'Little India'.
Sunday 10AM to 1PM
• Outdoor Photography with supplied 'list' of subjects etc. at the brickworks evergreen park on Bayview ave. (we take T.T.C. and shuttle bus from Broadview Station)
Sunday 2PM to 5PM
Back to studio...
• Editing and Printing of students 18" by 24" free print
• Course remedial & questions and answers.
Cost : SPECIAL PRICE of $100 (reg $295 ) -includes 18" by 24" photo print) PLUS you receive $50 discount off any of our other courses /workshops.
Materials Needed : Any digital camera of ANY kind
Time : 10am to 1pm, 2pm to 5pm for two consecutive days
Sat/Sun Oct. 24/25
We offer sessions all year round. For future classes, please check back 1 to 2 months prior to the start dates.
Please check CLASS SCHEDULE for class dates, availability, instructor and to register.
If you know the schedule dates you wish to register, you can REGISTER HERE
Please CONTACT us if you have any questions or require more information.