PHOTO 201 "Beyond the Basics" - Intermediate / Continuation of Photo 101
Whether you have previously taken our Photo 101 course, or you are a photographer with some knowledge and experience, this course will give you more advanced instruction for you to fully learn and appreciate your camera. Through a series of presentations, personal instruction, creative exercises and photo reviews you will learn to master the finer controls of your DSLR, improve your compositional skills, learn professional digital editing techniques and explore ‘off-camera’ speedlight (flash) lighting.
Topics include: getting the most out of the camera's metering and exposure functions, understanding histograms and custom white balance, proper lens choice, maximizing quality with RAW files, converting RAW files in the computer, and more! In class instruction as well as shooting outdoors.
We HIGHLY recommend attending the Photo 101 or have equivalent knowledge of you equipment and photographic concepts before attending this 201 level class.
• Better exposure. Advanced Camera Functions: shooting RAW, modes, histograms.
• Focus modes. Learning to switch to different ways of 'selectively' focusing in different, dynamic situations.
• COMPOSITION and QUALITY OF LIGHT. More in depth look at some of the ideas, techniques and approaches to bring your artistic vision to a new level of refined presentation.
• DIGITAL PROCESSING: -an introduction to 'Pro' level Adobe editing tools. PHOTOSHOP (and LIGHTROOM)
- an 'approach' to digital editing, and how to simplify the process of deciding 'what works best'.
• PANORAMA, HDR and LONG SHUTTER /NIGHT Photography.
USING FLASH/ARTIFICIAL LIGHT
-learning about how to use one or more flashes to create studio lighting in a portable setup. Show you how a $20 flash can create GREAT results!
• COURSE REMEDIAL
-Questions and answers and further study of subjects covered so far
•PRINTING and PRESENTATION
-preparing photos for print. Various ways of 'presenting' our photographs for display in venues. Printing of 16" by 20" print (free!).
Cost : $150 To purchase please contact us (for Interac Email payment & save HST) or go our STORE for paying with CC.
Materials Needed : Digital SLR, Mirrorless, or Advanced point and shoot camera. A camera that has some advanced control and/or manual controls on it.
Time : 2 hour classes *see schedule for dates.
We offer sessions all year round. For future classes, please check back 1 to 2 months prior to the start dates.
Please check CLASS SCHEDULE for class dates, availability, instructor and to register.
If you know the schedule dates you wish to register, you can REGISTER HERE
Please CONTACT us if you have any questions or require more information.