Digital Photography for Teens /Tweens -"After School Program"
This program is designed for kids ages 10-16 ,new to digital photography, someone that wants to know more about the operation of their camera, and also those that have some knowledge, but are looking to expand their knowledge / approach of using a camera for personal expression.
Learn how to use your camera in this creative, fun and interactive photography class at Lens Work. The four weeks are designed to teach you the fundamentals of digital photography. Discover how to use f-stops and shutter speeds to take better photographs. We’ll also discuss composition,editing and imaginative approaches to photography to spark your creativity.
Emphasis is on acquiring knowledge of the manual operation of the camera, becoming proficient in the craft while working to evolve a uniquely personal photographic vision. You will be expected to be an active participant in the class. There will be various lessons, tutorials, slide talks, demonstrations and group critiques to support the technical information you receive. In classroom instruction is balanced with outdoor shooting for a well-rounded, fun and informative experience.
• Introductions. Different kinds of digital cameras, and setting them to take the 'best' photos.
• "We don't 'take' photos', we 'make' photos." Some ideas for using a digital camera for personal expression.
• Understanding the SHUTTER. Shooting for less 'movement blur'.
• "What are all those numbers and dials?"
•Practising using SHUTTER speed for better quality photos.
• Composition. Simple ways to take more interesting looking images.
• ISO and LIGHT SENSITIVITY. More in depth to these two keys functions of ANY digital camera.
• DIGITAL EDITING. A presentation of some of the ideas, software and more importantly..an approach to how we can do some amazing things with our images in digital editing. Using a computer, a tablet or even our phone!
•Taking photos of people. Practical tips how to take better portraits.
• editing and working on images we have shot so far
• Photo Transfer art. Learn to transfer photos onto wood canvas panels and/or stone tiles.
•Review. Finishing of transfer art. Editing and printing of 16" by 20" print
• Course remedial & questions and answers.
Cost : $150
Materials Needed : Any digital camera of ANY kind
Upcoming Start Date: PLEASE CHECK SCHEDULE
Time : 3:30-5:30pm and 6 consecutive classes thereafter
We offer sessions all year round. For future classes, please check back 1 to 2 months prior to the start dates.
Please check CLASS SCHEDULE for class dates, availability, instructor and to register.
If you know the schedule dates you wish to register, you can REGISTER HERE
Please CONTACT us if you have any questions or require more information.